The process for launching your new site has been streamlined to get your site launched in a few weeks.
In order for this to happen there are a few tasks that you and your team will need to complete before scheduling an intake call with the HAA.
- All Clubs and SIGS must return their annual update forms (president’s report and officer listing) and sign the Club Operating Guidelines (clubs only).
- Sign and return Participation Guidelines and Policys (PGP) The PGP is an agreement by and among the President and Fellows of Harvard College on behalf of the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA), and your Harvard Club or Shared Interest Group. This document establishes the rights, responsibilities, guidelines and policies for the permitted usage of the AlumniMagnet Platform by your Club or SIG. This contract will need to be signed before you begin any of the other implementation tasks. Please review and return to Chandra Mohammed, Associate Director of Clubs and Shared Interest Groups at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 617.495.0434.
- All non-Harvard Alumni AlumniMagnet administrators must sign the Non-Alumni Administrator Alumni Data Confidentiality Agreement in addition to the PGP.
- Determine TWO Head Administrators Your Head Administrators are the only two people who are by contract authorized to be able to give the HAA instructions/requests on behalf of the Club or SIG.
- Secure a website domain name. You will need to purchase a domain name. If you already have a domain name, make sure that you have control over it. When you are ready to go live, you will need to switch your DNS settings (add new name servers). This is so that when users go to your current domain they will see the NEW site vs. the old one. If you do not have a domain name, we recommend http://www.Godaddy.com.
- Create an email forwarding account.
In order to send emails, the Club or SIG will need to have a webmaster email address.
If you are not using GoDaddy – we will also need you to send us the MX records for the email provider. An MX record is a mail exchanger record. This record from your webmaster email provider tells us where to send your email@example.com emails.
- If your Club or SIG needs credit card processing, you will need to have a CyberSource Merchant Account and Gateway.
- Send the HAA a list of your current members.
A Club or SIG administrator will need to submit in an excel spreadsheet including first name, last name, email address, degree/affiliation (if known), home city and state (if known) in separate columns. The HAA will merge your members list with all known alumni in your area or part of your SIG.
- Select Photo for banner.
Select a photo in jpeg format that you have licensed/purchased or have permission to use for your website banner. Pleas choose one panoramic image that will fit in with the dimensions of the header (around 950 pixels by 250 pixels).
If you do not have a suitable picture that you want to use for your banner, the HAA can purchase one from iStock. If you would like the HAA to purchase an image, please go to http://www.istockphoto.com, select an image and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your intake call.
If you have a logo, please send it to email@example.com in a high resolution jpeg or eps file.
- Watch Training Videos. All administrators will be required to review the training videos. The videos can be found: http://www.support.omnimagnet.com/magnet.help.html?collection=271.
A member of the HAA Clubs and SIGs team will contact you to get started.