Global Networking Night
Global Networking Night was on Thursday, March 16, 2023!
Over the past few years, Global Networking Night has evolved to allow the flexibility to host in the way that works best for their community and in accordance with local public health guidance.
Harvard Clubs and HAA Contacts may elect to host their event either in person OR online.
Those electing to host online may choose to team up with one or more other clubs to host a regional event.
As in 2022, professional interest-based Shared Interest Groups have the option to host industry/profession-based events (not bounded by location) online.
As always, all Shared Interest Groups are invited to sign on to cohost local events – whether online or in-person – with the local Club or Contact.
Global Networking Night brings thousands of Harvard alumni together in cities around the world via events hosted by Harvard Clubs, HAA Shared Interest Groups, and HAA Contacts. Hosting or cohosting a Global Networking Night event is a great way to build awareness of and engagement with your alumni community.
Review the 2023 GNN Frequently Asked Questions list here.
How to Participate
Host and Co-host registration is now closed.
Shared Interest Groups may sign up to host Global Networking Night events or cohost Global Networking Night events by Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- Professional Interest Groups can sign up here to host an online industry/profession-based event.
- Start time, end time, contact information for the planning lead, event link/login information, and any information to be included on your local event page is required.
- All SIGs will have the option to sign up to co-host local events organized by Clubs or Contacts.
Contact information for a local planning lead is required for each location.
The local Club or Contact is responsible for determining whether local events will take place in person or online and making location arrangements. SIG planning leads will be connected to the Club or Contact via email once the event is confirmed.
Clubs and Contacts may sign up to host a local Global Networking Night event by Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- Confirmed location information is required to register an in-person event.
- A link to participate and any additional information required to log in is required to register an online event.
- Start time, end time, contact information for the planning lead, and any information to be included on your local event page is required for all events.
Email Marketing Calendar
- Monday, February 6, 2023 – Alumni registration goes live
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 – Invitation
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023 – Reminder to Not Heard From
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023 – Reminder to Clickers
- Sunday, February 26, 2023 – Harvard this Week Feature #1
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 – Reminder to Not Heard From
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 – Last Call for Registration
- Sunday, March 12, 2023 – Harvard this Week Feature #2
- Tuesday, March 14, 2023 – Psych Up Message
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 – Confirmation/Participation Details
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 – Global Networking Night
- Monday, March 20, 2023 – Post-Event Follow Up
- 2023 FAQs
- GNN 2023 Data Dashboard - View 2023 GNN event locations and registration numbers in a visual display.
- GNN 2023 Networking Event Toolkit - this document provides you with resources that will empower you to host your networking events.
- Information Sessions – The GNN 2023 information sessions have concluded. View the session recording here.
- Social Media Toolkit - A comprehensive guide for Clubs, SIGs, and volunteers with existing social platforms to provide fun and interactive ways in which you can engage with registrants ahead of the event!
- Tag us @harvardalumni and use the hashtag #HarvardNetwork to be featured on HAA's social media pages and at https://alumni.harvard.edu/programs-events/gnn
- Digital Assets – Download branded Global Networking Night images to put in your marketing emails or to post on your webpage.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.