Event Marketing Toolkit
Harvard This Week Newsletters
Harvard this Week is the HAA’s weekly event newsletter to the alumni community highlighting Harvard events that are happening all around the world!
Clubs & SIGs are invited to submit event information via this online form. The following guidelines must be met for newsletter consideration:
· Your Club, SIG, or University organization may only submit up to 3 events per month
· Events must be open to all University-wide alumni, not just your Club or SIG members
· Event titles must be 70 characters or less
· Submitted event pages must include time, location, and instructions to register or RSVP
· This form is for HTW submissions only – if your Club or SIG is on AlumniMagnet those events are automatically considered for inclusion.
· We encourage including programs that are of interest to the broad alumni community
· Deadline dates are noted on the form but late submissions must be received by 4:00 p.m. (ET) the Tuesday before the coming Sunday’s edition to be considered.
As always, submissions are not guaranteed inclusion in the email and may be modified to comply with the email format and University policies.
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to your staff liaison!
The following materials were compiled and edited by the 2016-7 Events Initiative of the Harvard Alumni Association for use across the HAA.
The goal of the Events initiative was to create a roadmap designed to help volunteers think about events more intentionally and holistically, and make planning resources accessible across alumni groups. It was also to frame events as a jumping off point rather than an end in itself; to emphasize cultivating and stewarding new members and volunteers through targeted outreach and post-event follow up. To that end we have compiled the following documents:
1. An event planning guide and timeline
2. A post-event survey tool that can be tailored
3. Samples of event invites, save the date documents etc. sorted by type of event